Before You Start
About this unit
The tuner frequencies on this unit are allocated
for use in Western Europe, Asia, the Middle
East, Africa and Oceania. Use in other areas
may result in improper reception. The RDS func-
tion operates only in areas with FM stations
broadcasting RDS signals.
About this manual
This unit features a number of sophisticated
functions ensuring superior reception and oper-
ation. All the functions have been designed for
the easiest possible use, but many are not self-
explanatory. This operation manual will help you
benefit fully from this product's potential and to
maximize your listening enjoyment.
We recommend that you familiarize yourself
with the functions and their operation by read-
ing through the manual before you begin using
this unit. It is especially important that you read
and observe precautions on this page and in
This manual explains head unit operation. You
can perform the same operations with the steer-
ing remote control (sold separately).
· A CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT label is affixed
to the bottom of this unit.
· The Pioneer CarStereo-Pass is for use only in
· Keep this manual handy as a reference for
operating procedures and precautions.
· Always keep the volume low enough so you
can hear sounds outside of the car.
· Protect this product from moisture.
· If the battery is disconnected or discharged,
the preset memory will be erased and must be
In case of trouble
Should this product fail to operate properly,
contact your dealer or nearest authorized
Pioneer Service Station.
Protecting your unit from theft
The front panel can be detached from the head
unit and stored in the protective case provided
to discourage theft.
· If the front panel is not detached from the
head unit within five seconds of turning off
the ignition, a warning tone will sound.
· You can turn off the warning tone. See
Switching the warning tone on page 37.
· Never use force or grip the display and the
buttons tightly when removing or attaching.
· Avoid subjecting the front panel to excessive
· Keep the front panel out of direct sunlight and
This product complies with the EMC
Directives (89/336/EEC, 92/31/EEC) and
CE Marking Directive (93/68/EEC).