- Service Precautions
· You should conform to the regulations governing the product (safety, radio and noise, and other regulations),
and should keep the safety during servicing by following the safety instructions described in this manual.
· Be careful in handling ICs. Some ICs such as MOS type are so fragile that they can be damaged by electrostatic
- DVD section precaution
1. Before disassembling the unit, be sure to turn off
the power. Unplugging and plugging the connectors
during power-on mode may damage the ICs inside
2. To protect the pickup unit from electrostatic discharge
during servicing, take an appropriate treatment
(shorting-solder) by referring to "the DISASSEMBLY" .
3. After replacing the pickup unit, be sure to skew
4. During disassembly, be sure to turn the power off since
an internal IC might be destroyed when a connector
is plugged or unplugged.
Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced.
Replaced only with the same or equivalent type recommended by the manufacture.
Discord used batteries according to the manufacture's instructions.
The AEL (accessible emission level )of the laser power output is less than CLASS 1
but the laser component is capable of emitting radiation exceeding the limit for
A specially instructed person should do servicing operation of the apparatus.
Laser diode characteristics
DVD:640 nm to 660 nm
CD:770 nm to 810 nm
DVD : 2.48 mW(Emitting period :9 sec.)
CD : 705 W(Emitting period : unlimited)
Additional Laser Caution
Transistors Q1101 and Q1102 in PCB drive the laser diodes for DVD and CD
respectively. When Q1101 or Q1102 is shorted between their terminals,
the laser diodes for DVD or CD will radiate beam. If the top cover is removed
with no disc loaded while such short-circuit is continued, the naked eyes may
be exposed to the laser beam.