1. Recording Copyright--Unless it's for personal use
only, recording copyrighted material is illegal with-
out the permission of the copyright holder.
2. AC Fuse--The AC fuse inside the unit is not user-
serviceable. If you cannot turn on the unit, contact
your Onkyo dealer.
3. Care--Occasionally you should dust the unit all
over with a soft cloth. For stubborn stains, use a soft
cloth dampened with a weak solution of mild deter-
gent and water. Dry the unit immediately afterwards
with a clean cloth. Don't use abrasive cloths, thin-
ners, alcohol, or other chemical solvents, because
they may damage the finish or remove the panel let-
BEFORE PLUGGING IN THE UNIT FOR THE
FIRST TIME, READ THE FOLLOWING SEC-
AC outlet voltages vary from country to country.
Make sure that the voltage in your area meets the
voltage requirements printed on the unit's rear panel
(e.g., AC 230 V, 50 Hz or AC 120 V, 60 Hz).
The power cord plug is used to disconnect this unit
from the AC power source. Make sure that the plug
is readily operable (easily accessible) at all times.
Pressing the [STANDBY/ON] button to select
Standby mode does not fully shutdown the unit. If
you do not intend to use the unit for an extended
period, remove the power cord from the AC outlet.
5. Never Touch this Unit with Wet Hands--Never
handle this unit or its power cord while your hands
are wet or damp. If water or any other liquid gets
inside this unit, have it checked by your Onkyo
6. Handling Notes
· If you need to transport this unit, use the original
packaging to pack it how it was when you origi-
nally bought it.
· Do not leave rubber or plastic items on this unit
for a long time, because they may leave marks on
· This unit's top and rear panels may get warm
after prolonged use. This is normal.
· If you do not use this unit for a long time, it may
not work properly the next time you turn it on, so
be sure to use it occasionally.
· When you've finished using this unit, remove all
discs and turn off the power.
7. Installing this Unit
· Install this unit in a well-ventilated location.
· Ensure that there's adequate ventilation all
around this unit, especially if it's installed in an
audio rack. If the ventilation is inadequate, the
unit may overheat, leading to malfunction.
· Do not expose this unit to direct sunlight or heat
sources, because its internal temperature may
rise, shortening the life of the optical pickup.
·Avoid damp and dusty places, and places subject
to vibrations from loudspeakers. Never put the
unit on top of, or directly above a loudspeaker.
· Install this unit horizontally. Never use it on its
side or on a sloping surface, because it may cause
· If you install this unit near a TV, radio, or VCR,
the picture and sound quality may be affected. If
this occurs, move this unit away from the TV,
radio, or VCR.
8. To Obtain a Clear Picture--This unit is a high-
tech, precision device. If the lens on the optical
pickup, or the disc drive mechanism becomes dirty
or worn, the picture quality may be affected. To
maintain the best picture quality, we recommend
regular inspection and maintenance (cleaning or
worn part replacement) every 1,000 hours of use
depending on the operating environment. Contact
your Onkyo dealer for details.
9. Moisture Condensation
Moisture condensation may damage this unit.
Read the following carefully:
Moisture may condense on the lens of the optical
pickup, one of the most important parts inside this
· Moisture condensation can occur in the following
The unit is moved from a cold place to a warm
A heater is turned on, or cold air from an air
conditioner is hitting the unit.
In the summer, when this unit is moved from an
air conditioned room to a hot and humid place.
The unit is used in a humid place.
· Do not use this unit when there's the possibility
of moisture condensation occurring. Doing so
may damage your discs and certain parts inside
If condensation does occur, remove all discs and
leave this unit turned on for two to three hours. By
this time, the unit will have warmed up and any con-
densation will have evaporated.