Turn the transceiver power off in the following locations:
In explosive atmospheres (inflammable gas, dust particles,
metallic powders, grain powders, etc.).
While taking on fuel or while parked at gasoline service stations.
Near explosives or blasting sites.
In aircrafts. (Any use of the transceiver must follow the
instructions and regulations provided by the airline crew.)
Where restrictions or warnings are posted regarding the use of
radio devices, including but not limited to medical facilities.
Near persons using pacemakers.
Do not disassemble or modify the transceiver for any reason.
Do not place the transceiver on or near airbag equipment while
the vehicle is running. When the airbag inflates, the transceiver
may be ejected and strike the driver or passengers.
Do not transmit while touching the antenna terminal or if any
metallic parts are exposed from the antenna covering.
Transmitting at such a time may result in a high-frequency burn.
If an abnormal odor or smoke is detected coming from the
transceiver, switch the transceiver power off immediately, remove
the battery pack from the transceiver, and contact your
Use of the transceiver while you are driving may be against traffic
laws. Please check and observe the vehicle regulations in your
Do not expose the transceiver to extremely hot or cold
Do not carry the battery pack (or battery case) with metal objects,
as they may short the battery terminals.
When operating the transceiver in areas where the air is dry, it is
easy to build up an electric charge (static electricity). When using
a earphone accessory in such conditions, it is possible for the
transceiver to send an electric shock through the earphone and
to your ear. We recommend you use only a speaker/microphone
in these conditions, to avoid electric shocks.