About Audio file
· Playable Audio file
AAC-LC (.m4a), MP3 (.mp3), WMA (.wma),
· Playable disc media
· Playable disc file format
ISO 9660 Level 1/2, Joliet, Romeo, Long file name.
· Playable USB device
USB mass storage class, iPod with KCA-iP200
· Playable USB device file system
Although the audio files are complied with the
standards listed above, the play maybe impossible
depending on the types or conditions of media or
· Playing order of the Audio file
In the example of folder/file tree shown below, the
files are played in the order from
: Audio fi
An online manual about audio files is put on the
site, www.kenwood.com/audiofile/. On this online
manual, detailed information and notes which are not
written in this manual are provided. Make sure to read
through the online manual as well.
· In this manual, the word "USB device" is used for flash
memories and digital audio players which have USB
· The word "iPod" appearing in this manual indicates the iPod
connected with the KCA-iP200 (optional accessory). The
iPod connected with the KCA-iP200 can be controlled from
this unit. iPods that can be connected with the KCA-iP200
are the iPod nano and the iPod with video. When an iPod
is connected using a commercially available USB cable, it is
handled as a mass-storage-class device.
· For the supported formats and types of USB device, refer to
About USB device
· Install the USB device in the place where it will not
prevent you from driving your vehicle properly.
· You cannot connect a USB device via a USB hub.
· Take backups of the audio files used with this unit.
The files can be erased depending on the operating
conditions of the USB device.
We shall have no compensation for any damage
arising out of erasure of the stored data.
· No USB device comes with this unit. You need to
purchase a commercially available USB device.
· Do not directly connect the USB device to the USB
connector on the panel. Connect it using a cable.
· Leave the cap on when not using an USB device.
· For how to play the audio files recorded in a USB
device, see <CD/USB device/Audio file/External disc
control features> (page 16).
· When connecting the USB device, usage of the CA-
U1EX (option) is recommended.
Normal playback is not guaranteed when a cable
other than the USB compatible cable is used.
Connecting a cable whose total length is longer
than 5 m can result in abnormal playback.
About Satellite Radio tuner
This unit supports Satellite Radio tuners which are
released by SIRIUS and XM.
Refer to the instruction manual of Satellite radio tuner.