1. BAFFLE ASSEMBLY
1. Remove the six catch caps from the front baffle. This is most
readily accomplished using needle-nosed pliers.
2. Remove the six screws.
3. Pull the baffle assembly forward away from the cabinet,
using the vent holes as an aid to removal.
4. Disconnect the molex connector from the crossover.
5. Disconnect the blue and blue/black wires from the LF units.
6. Take care not to damage the sealing strip.
Replace gasket if broken.
Reconnect molex and blue, blue/black wires.
Refit front baffle to cabinet.
Replace 6 screws.
Replace grille catch cups, taking care when fitting to ensure
that they do not collapse inward.
1. Remove the baffle assembly following the procedure in
2. Disconnect the purple wire from the LF unit.
3. Remove the 4 screws from each LF unit.
4. Remove the LF unit .
1. Relocate the woofer on the baffle assembly, taking care to
centralize the unit and orientate the terminal panel to face
2. Replace the screws and tighten to a torque of 4.0 lb-in.
3. Reconnect to purple wire.
4. Refit the baffle assembly as described in section 1.2.
3. IRIS TRANSDUCER
1. Remove the baffle assembly as described in section 1.1.
2. Remove the hex shoulder bolt and washer.
3. Pull the IRIS transducer assembly forward from the baffle
and disconnect the wires.
4. Remove the hex standoff from the IRIS transducer. Do not
place the transducer downwards on the diaphragm.
1. Replace the hex standoff on the rear of the IRIS transducer.
2. Reconnect the red, red/black, orange, orange/black wires to
the IRIS transducer as shown in the diagram.
3. Make sure the 4 isolation grommets P/N 260148 are
correctly located on the rear of the IRIS transducer frame.
4. Refit the IRIS, taking care to align the 4 isolation grommets
with the pips on the baffle assembly.
5. Replace the hex shoulder bolt and washer.
6. Refit the baffle assembly as described in section 1.2.
1. Remove the baffle assembly as described in section 1.
2. Disconnect the red and black wires from the crossover.
3. Peel away the hot melt that secures the crossover, and pull
the crossover forward out of the slots.
1. Refitting is a reversal of the removal procedure.
2. Secure the crossover after relocation with hot melt.
1. Ensure line cord is unplugged.
2. Remove the two screws P/N 261498 from the rear of the
3. Pull the amplifier away from the cabinet and disconnect the
red, black, blue, blue/black wires from the amplifier.
1. Reconnect wires, checking that the connections correspond
to the diagram.
2. Insert the amplifier into the cabinet, ensuring that the tongue
on the chassis engages with the slot in the cabinet, and that
the chassis is not caught on the rubber feet.
3. Check that no wires are trapped, then replace the two screws
P/N 261498, and tighten to a torque of 8.0 lb-in.