Thank you for buying this Pioneer product.
Please read through these operating instructions so you will know how to operate your model properly. After you have
finished reading the instructions, put them away in a safe place for future reference.
This speaker system is designed for in-wall installation.
The design features provide for a wide range of
placement and listening position options.
Providing excellent sound quality, these models feature
an adjustable tweeter to provide flexibility of placement in
your listening area.
This speaker system is designed with CST (Coherent
Source Transducer) technology to assure excellent
sound quality. CST sound delivery is extremely smooth
and coherent. All sound - direct and reflected - arrives at
the listening position with matched timbre.
This speaker system is also paintable so that they may be
matched to your room decor.
Before you start
· The nominal impedance of this speaker system is
. Connect the speaker system to an amplifier
capable of driving an impedance of at least 8
This product incorporates auto-resetting overload
protection technology to help avoid damage to the
speakers. However, please observe the following
· Do not supply amplification power to the speaker
system in excess of the maximum permissible
input, which could damage the speaker and cause
a hazard from overheating.
· If using a graphic equalizer to boost sounds in the
high-frequency range, do not use excessive
· Do not try to force a low-powered amplifier to
produce high sound levels as the amplifier's
harmonic distortion will be increased, and you may
damage the speaker.
· Pioneer is not responsible for any accidents or
damage that result from improper installation,
misuse, modification of the product, or natural
· This speaker system must be installed by a qualified
technician as it involves such tasks as selecting a
location for installation, drilling holes in walls/ceiling,
wiring, and painting. Have the installer carefully
follow the installation instructions.
· The installation technician must follow professional
installation techniques to protect the speaker system
· When installing the speakers, make sure that the
wall/ceiling is strong enough to support the
· Improper installation of the speakers could cause
them to fall and cause damage or injuries to persons
· Switch off and unplug your AV equipment and
consult the instructions when connecting up
components. Make sure you use the correct
· Keep magnetic objects such as screwdrivers or steel
parts away from the tweeter and woofer speakers.
Since the speakers use strong magnets, the objects
may be attracted, causing injury or damaging the
· Do not install the speakers where they will be in direct
sunlight, and avoid positioning them near heaters
and air conditioners. This may cause warping and
discoloration of the speaker and damage to the
· This speaker system is designed for home use only.
To avoid electric shock hazard, do not place them
outside, or in an overly humid area.
Caution: in use
· If the speakers stop emitting sound after receiving
too large an input signal, turn down the volume
control on the amplifier and wait a few seconds. The
protection feature will be reset automatically.
For U.S. model
WARNING: Handling the cord on this product or
cords associated with accessories sold with the
product will expose you to chemicals listed on
proposition 65 known to the State of California and
other governmental entities to cause cancer and
birth defect or other reproductive harm.
Wash hands after handling