· The flat-panel speaker system allows sound to radiate
from the whole of the front and rear surface of the
speaker. This produces a uniform sound across the
whole listening area.
· The speaker can be used with a third-party speaker
stand in a variety of configurations - vertically,
horizontally and so on.
· The speaker is magnetically shielded.
The S-FL1 speaker is a flat-panel type unit that uses NXT®
speaker technology. This slim style speaker allows for easy
NXT and the
logo are registered trademarks of New
There are no supplied accessories with this speaker.
· This equipment should only be installed by a suitably
experienced and qualified person. Please have
installation and setting up carried out by factory or
· Pioneer is in no way responsible for accidents, injury
or damage caused by incorrect installation/setting
up, misuse, modification or natural disasters.
· Before wall- or ceiling-mounting this speaker, please
make sure that the wall or ceiling is strong enough to
support the speaker's weight (9.9 kg). If you are in
doubt, please consult a specialist. Serious injury
could result if the speaker were to fall.
· Please do not attempt to detach the grille; the
diaphragm may be damaged as a result.
· This speaker's nominal impedance is 8 ohms. Please
use a power amplifier rated between 4 and 16 ohms.
· If you are using a stand, metal fittings, etc. with the
speaker, please make sure that they are of sufficient
strength to carry the load.
· Do not install the speaker near a heater or in direct
Before you install
· The sound of the speaker may be subtlely affected by
the listening room conditions. Please take this into
account when installing the speaker in order to get
the best performance from it.
· The speaker weighs 9.9 kg. Please make sure that you
choose a stable surface that is far enough from rear
and side walls (see the diagram below). Adjust the
position so that the left and right walls do not
adversely affect the sound.
· The minimum distances in the above diagram are
just a guide; the acoustic properties of the wall will
affect the best placement.
· In general, the more acoustically absorbant the wall,
the less bass frequencies will be affected, even when
the speaker is placed close to a wall.
· Two M8 diameter screw holes for mounting the
speaker can be found on the top, bottom and both
sides of the speaker. There are also four M6 diameter
screw holes on the rear panel; please remove the
caps before use.
If you want to dispose this product, do not mix it with general household waste. There is a separate collection system for used
electronic products in accordance with legislation that requires proper treatment, recovery and recycling.
Private households in the 25 member states of the EU, in Switzerland and Norway may return their used electronic products free of charge to
designated collection facilities or to a retailer (if you purchase a similar new one).
For countries not mentioned above, please contact your local authorities for the correct method of disposal.
By doing so you will ensure that your disposed product undergoes the necessary treatment, recovery and recycling and thus prevent potential
negative effects on the environment and human health.
01 speaker system.fm 2