Thank you for buying this Pioneer product. Please read
through these operating instructions so you will know how to
operate your model properly. After you have finished reading
the instructions, put them away in a safe place for future
What's in the box
Features of this speaker system
· Construction follows leading-edge TAD technology
· Beryllium dual-concentric tweeter
· Aramid/carbon fiber reinforced composite 18 cm woofer
· Perfect time alignment design
Before you start
· The nominal impedance of this speaker system is 6
Connect the speaker system to an amplifier with a load
impedance ranging from 4
to 16 (a model with "4
" displayed on the speaker output terminals).
· Do not touch the speaker cones as they are easily
· Do not place magnetic objects such as screwdrivers or
iron parts near the tweeter or midrange. Since the
speakers use strong magnets, the objects may be
attracted, causing injury or damaging the diaphragm.
In order to prevent damage to the speaker system resulting
from input overload, please observe the following precau-
· Do not supply power to the speaker system in excess of
the maximum permissible input.
· When connecting or disconnecting anything in your AV
system, make sure the amplifier is switched off.
· When using a graphic equalizer to emphasize loud
sounds in the high-frequency range, do not use exces-
sive amplifier volume.
· Do not try to force a low-powered amplifier to produce
loud volumes of sound (the amplifier's harmonic
distortion will be increased, and you may damage the
· Do not place the speaker on an unstable surface. It
could present a hazard if it falls, as well as damaging the
equipment. If placing the speaker on a thick carpet, we
recommend using the supplied speaker spikes for
· Switch off and unplug your AV equipment and consult
the instructions when connecting up components. Make
sure you use the correct connecting cables.
· Do not put a TV or other AV equipment on top of this
speaker. It could present a hazard if it falls, as well as
damaging the equipment.
· Do not install your speakers overhead on the ceiling or
wall. If improperly attached, the speaker grille can fall
and cause damage or personal injury.
· Do not attach these speakers to the wall or ceiling. They
may fall off and cause injury.
Caution: in use
· Do not use the speaker to output distorted sound for
long periods of times. This can result in a fire hazard.
· Do not sit or stand on the speaker, or let children play on
· Do not put large or heavy objects on top of the speaker.
WARNING: Handling the cord on this product or
cords associated with accessories sold with the
product will expose you to chemicals listed on
proposition 65 known to the State of California and
other governmental entities to cause cancer and
birth defect or other reproductive harm.
Wash hands after handling
Installing your speaker
Please observe the following points when installing speakers:
· Sounds played through speaker systems are easily
affected in subtle ways by the conditions in the listening
· On the rear of the speaker is a hole provided to attach a
metal catch. This is for stabilizing the speaker so that in
the event of an earthquake etc., the speaker does not fall
over. Use the supplied screws to attach the catches.
· Spike bases x4
· Nuts (for spikes)
· Hex wrench
· Metal catch x1
· Screw (for metal catch)
· Fastening screws
(for grille) x4
· Finishing screws
(for grille) x4
· Caps x10
· Grille x1
· Operating instructions