Location: bottom of the unit
The exclamation point within an equilateral
triangle is intended to alert the user to the
presence of important operating and
maintenance (servicing) instructions in the
literature accompanying the appliance.
The lightning flash with arrowhead symbol,
within an equilateral triangle, is intended to
alert the user to the presence of uninsulated
"dangerous voltage" within the product's
enclosure that may be of sufficient
magnitude to constitute a risk of electric
shock to persons.
TO PREVENT THE RISK OF ELECTRIC
SHOCK, DO NOT REMOVE COVER (OR
BACK). NO USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS
INSIDE. REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED
RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK
DO NOT OPEN
This equipment is not waterproof. To prevent a fire
or shock hazard, do not place any container filed
with liquid near this equipment (such as a vase or
flower pot) or expose it to dripping, splashing, rain
The voltage of the available power supply differs
according to country or region. Be sure that the
power supply voltage of the area where this unit
will be used meets the required voltage (e.g., 230 V
or 120 V) written on the rear panel.
Before plugging in for the first time, read the following
To prevent a fire hazard, do not place any naked
flame sources (such as a lighted candle) on the
When installing this unit, make sure to leave space
around the unit for ventilation to improve heat
radiation (at least 10 cm at top, 10 cm at rear, and
10 cm at each side).
Slots and openings in the cabinet are provided for
ventilation to ensure reliable operation of the
product, and to protect it from overheating. To
prevent fire hazard, the openings should never be
blocked or covered with items (such as newspapers,
table-cloths, curtains) or by operating the
equipment on thick carpet or a bed.
Operating environment temperature and humidity:
+5 ºC to +35 ºC (+41 ºF to +95 ºF); less than 85 %RH
(cooling vents not blocked)
Do not install this unit in a poorly ventilated area, or in
locations exposed to high humidity or direct sunlight (or
strong artificial light)
The STANDBY/ON switch on this unit will not
completely shut off all power from the AC outlet.
Since the power cord serves as the main disconnect
device for the unit, you will need to unplug it from
the AC outlet to shut down all power. Therefore,
make sure the unit has been installed so that the
power cord can be easily unplugged from the AC
outlet in case of an accident. To avoid fire hazard,
the power cord should also be unplugged from the
AC outlet when left unused for a long period of time
(for example, when on vacation).
Handle the power cord by the plug. Do not pull out the
plug by tugging the cord and never touch the power
cord when your hands are wet as this could cause a
short circuit or electric shock. Do not place the unit, a
piece of furniture, etc., on the power cord, or pinch the
cord. Never make a knot in the cord or tie it with other
cords. The power cords should be routed such that they
are not likely to be stepped on. A damaged power cord
can cause a fire or give you an electrical shock. Check
the power cord once in a while. When you find it
damaged, ask your nearest PIONEER authorized
service center or your dealer for a replacement.
Thank you for buying this Pioneer product.
Please read through these operating instructions so that you will know how to operate your model
properly. After you have finished reading the instructions, put them in a safe place for future reference .