In case of trouble
When the unit does not operate properly,
contact your dealer or the nearest autho-
rized PIONEER Service Station.
About This Product
This product is an amplifier for the sub-
woofer. If both L (left) and R (right) chan-
nels are connected to the RCA input of
this product, output is mixed because this
product is a mono amplifier.
Never replace the fuse with one of greater
value or rating than the original fuse. Use
of an improper fuse could result in over-
heating and smoke and could cause dam-
age to the product and injury including
· Always use the special red battery and ground
wire [RD-223], which is sold separately. Connect
the battery wire directly to the car battery positive
terminal (+) and the ground wire to the car body.
· Do not touch the amplifier with wet hands.
Otherwise you may get an electric shock. Also,
do not touch the amplifier when it is wet.
· For traffic safety and to maintain safe driving
conditions, keep the volume low enough so that
you can still hear normal traffic sound.
· Check the connections of the power supply and
subwoofer if the fuse of the separately sold bat-
tery wire or the amplifier fuse blows. Detect the
cause and solve the problem, then replace the
fuse with another one of the same size and rating.
· To prevent malfunction of the amplifier and sub-
woofer, the protective circuit will cut the power
supply to the amplifier (sound will stop) when an
abnormal condition occurs. In such a case, switch
the power to the system OFF and check the
connection of the power supply and subwoofer.
Detect the cause and solve the problem.
· Contact the dealer if you cannot detect the cause.
· To prevent an electric shock or short-circuit
during connection and installation, be sure to
disconnect the negative () terminal of the battery
· Confirm that no parts are behind the panel when
drilling a hole for installation of the amplifier. Be
sure to protect all cables and important equipment
such as fuel lines, brake lines and the electrical
wiring from damage.
· DO NOT allow amplifier to come into contact
with liquids due to, for example, the location
where the amplifier is installed. Electrical shock
could result. Also, amplifier and speaker damage,
smoke, and overheating could result from contact
with liquids. In addition, the amplifier surface
and the surface of any attached speakers could
become hot to the touch and minor burns could