This equipment is not waterproof. To prevent a fire
or shock hazard, do not place any container filed
with liquid near this equipment (such as a vase or
flower pot) or expose it to dripping, splashing, rain
The voltage of the available power supply differs
according to country or region. Be sure that the
power supply voltage of the area where this unit
will be used meets the required voltage (e.g., 230V
or 120V) written on the rear panel.
Before plugging in for the first time, read the following
CAUTION: This product satisfies FCC regulations when shielded cables and connectors are used to connect the
unit to other equipment. To prevent electromagnetic interference with electric appliances such as radios and
televisions, use shielded cables and connectors for connections.
The exclamation point within an equilateral
triangle is intended to alert the user to the
presence of important operating and
maintenance (servicing) instructions in the
literature accompanying the appliance.
The lightning flash with arrowhead symbol,
within an equilateral triangle, is intended to
alert the user to the presence of uninsulated
"dangerous voltage" within the product's
enclosure that may be of sufficient
magnitude to constitute a risk of electric
shock to persons.
TO PREVENT THE RISK OF ELECTRIC
SHOCK, DO NOT REMOVE COVER (OR
BACK). NO USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS
INSIDE. REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED
RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK
DO NOT OPEN
To prevent a fire hazard, do not place any naked
flame sources (such as a lighted candle) on the
When installing this unit, make sure to leave space
around the unit for ventilation to improve heat
radiation (at least 5 cm at rear, and 3 cm at each
Slots and openings in the cabinet are provided for
ventilation to ensure reliable operation of the
product, and to protect it from overheating. To
prevent fire hazard, the openings should never be
blocked or covered with items (such as newspapers,
table-cloths, curtains) or by operating the
equipment on thick carpet or a bed.
Operating environment temperature and humidity:
+5 ºC +35 ºC (+41 ºF +95 ºF); less than 85 %RH
(cooling vents not blocked)
Do not install this unit in a poorly ventilated area, or in
locations exposed to high humidity or direct sunlight (or
strong artificial light)
If the AC plug of this unit does not match the AC
outlet you want to use, the plug must be removed
and appropriate one fitted. Replacement and
mounting of an AC plug on the power supply cord of
this unit should be performed only by qualified
service personnel. If connected to an AC outlet, the
cut-off plug can cause severe electrical shock. Make
sure it is properly disposed of after removal.
The equipment should be disconnected by removing
the mains plug from the wall socket when left
unused for a long period of time (for example, when
The POWER switch on this unit will not completely
shut off all power from the AC outlet. Since the
power cord serves as the main disconnect device for
the unit, you will need to unplug it from the AC outlet
to shut down all power. Therefore, make sure the
unit has been installed so that the power cord can
be easily unplugged from the AC outlet in case of an
accident. To avoid fire hazard, the power cord should
also be unplugged from the AC outlet when left
unused for a long period of time (for example, when
Information to User
Alteration or modifications carried out without
appropriate authorization may invalidate the user's
right to operate the equipment.
Thank you for buying this Pioneer product.
Please read through these operating instructions so you will know how to operate your
model properly. After you have finished reading the instructions, put them away in a safe
place for future reference.
In some countries or regions, the shape of the power plug and power outlet may some-
times differ from that shown in the explanatory drawings. However the method of connect-
ing and operating the unit is the same.
Install the unit in a well-ventilated location where it will not
be exposed to high temperatures or humidity.
÷ Do not install the unit in a location which is exposed to
direct rays of the sun, or near stoves or radiators. Excessive
heat can adversely affect the cabinet and internal
components. Installation of the unit in a damp or dusty
environment may also result in a malfunction or accident.
(Avoid installation near cookers etc., where the unit may be
exposed to oily smoke, steam or heat.)
÷ When the unit is used inside a carrying case or DJ booth,
separate it from the walls or other equipment to improve
CAUTIONS REGARDING HANDLING
Cleaning the Unit
÷ Use a polishing cloth to wipe off dust and dirt.
÷ When the surfaces are very dirty, wipe with a soft cloth
dipped in some neutral cleanser diluted five or six times
with water and wrung out well, then wipe again with a dry
cloth. Do not use furniture wax or cleaners.
÷ Never use thinners, benzene, insecticide sprays or other
chemicals on or near this unit, since these will corrode the
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to
Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in
a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not
installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does
cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off
and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Replacement and mounting of an AC plug on the power supply cord of this unit should be performed only by qualified
IMPORTANT: THE MOULDED PLUG
This appliance is supplied with a moulded three pin mains plug for your safety and convenience. A 3 amp fuse is fitted in this plug. Should the
fuse need to be replaced, please ensure that the replacement fuse has a rating of 3 amps and that it is approved by ASTA or BSI to BS1362.
Check for the ASTA mark
or the BSI mark
on the body of the fuse.
If the plug contains a removable fuse cover, you must ensure that it is refitted when the fuse is replaced. If you lose the fuse cover the plug
must not be used until a replacement cover is obtained. A replacement fuse cover can be obtained from your local dealer.
If the fitted moulded plug is unsuitable for your socket outlet, then the fuse shall be removed and the plug cut off and disposed of
safely. There is a danger of severe electrical shock if the cut off plug is inserted into any 13 amp socket.
If a new plug is to be fitted, please observe the wiring code as shown below. If in any doubt, please consult a qualified electrician.
IMPORTANT: The wires in this mains lead are coloured in accordance with the following code:
Blue : Neutral
Brown : Live
As the colours of the wires in the mains lead of this appliance may not correspond with the coloured markings identifying the terminals in
your plug, proceed as follows ;
The wire which is coloured BLUE must be connected to the terminal which is marked with the
N or coloured BLACK.
The wire which is coloured BROWN must be connected to the terminal which is marked with the
L or coloured RED.
How to replace the fuse: Open the fuse compartment with a screwdriver and replace the fuse.