- CD Player Service Precautions
1. For pickup unit(CXX1290) handling, please refer
to"Disassembly"(see page 55).
During replacement, handling precautions shall be
taken to prevent an electrostatic discharge(protection
by a short pin).
2. During disassembly, be sure to turn the power off
since an internal IC might be destroyed when a
connector is plugged or unplugged.
3. Please checking the grating after changing the
service pickup unit(see page 46).
1. Safety Precautions for those who Service this Unit.
· When checking or adjusting the emitting power of the laser diode exercise caution in order to get safe, reliable
1. During repair or tests, minimum distance of 13cm from the focus lens must be kept.
2. During repair or tests, do not view laser beam for 10 seconds or longer.
2. A "CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT" label is affixed to the
rear of the player.
3. The triangular label is attached to the mechanism
4. Specifications of Laser Diode
Specifications of laser radiation fields to which human access is possible during service.
1. SAFETY INFORMATION
This service manual is intended for qualified service technicians; it is not meant for the casual do-it-yourselfer.
Qualified technicians have the necessary test equipment and tools, and have been trained to properly and safely repair
complex products such as those covered by this manual.
Improperly performed repairs can adversely affect the safety and reliability of the product and may void the warranty.
If you are not qualified to perform the repair of this product properly and safely, you should mot risk trying to do so
and refer the repair to a qualified service technician.
This product contains lead in solder and certain electrical parts contain chemicals which are known to the state of
California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Health & Safety Code Section 25249.6 - Proposition 65