- 4 -
Important Safety Instructions
READ BEFORE OPERATING EQUIPMENT
This product was designed and manufactured to meet strict
quality and safety standards. There are, however, some
installation and operation precautions which you should be
particularly aware of.
1. Read these instructions.
2. Keep these instructions.
3. Heed all warnings.
4. Follow all instructions.
5. Do not use this apparatus near water.
6. Clean only with dry cloth.
7. Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in ac-
cordance with the manufacture's instructions.
8. Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators,
heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including
amplifiers) that produce heat.
9. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or
groundingtype plug. A polarized plug has two blades
with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug
has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide
blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. If
the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult
an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
10. Protect the power cord from being walked on or
pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles,
and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
11. Only use attachments/accessories specified by the
12. Use only with the cart, stand,
tripod, bracket, or table speci-
fied by the manufacturer, or
sold with the apparatus. When
a cart is used, use caution
when moving the cart/ap-
paratus combination to avoid
injury from tip-over.
Additional Safety Information!
This product should not be placed in a built-in installa-
tion such as a bookcase or rack unless proper ventila-
tion is provided or the manufacturer's instructions have
been adhered to.
Apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splash-
ing and that no objects filled with liquids, such as
vases, shall be placed on the apparatus.
When the switch is in the OFF position, the apparatus
isn't completelyswitched-off from the MAINS.
Precautions - installation
· Do not expose the CDR420 to excessive heat, excessive
cold, rain, moisture, or dust this may cause damage to the
· If a foreign object or water does enter the unit, contact
your nearest dealer or service center.
· All players produce some heat during operation and this
heat must be allowed to dissipate freely. Do not close any
ventilation openings and be sure there is adequate venti-
lation space behind, beside and above the player so air is
allowed to circulate freely around the unit.
· Be sure ventilation holes are not covered.
· Prevent extra heat from reaching the unit. Never put the
CDR420 in direct sunlight or near a heat source.
· Do not expose the CDR420 to electrostatic discharges.
· Do not place heavy objects on the unit.
· Be sure the CDR420 is placed on a vibration-free surface.
Precautions - connection
· Unplug the power adapter from the AC outlet or turn off
the POWER switch before making any connection.
· Connect one cable at a time observing the `input' and
`output' labeling. This will avoid any cross connections
between channels and signal inputs and outputs.
· Insert plugs securely. An incomplete connection may
result in noise.
· Before connecting other audio or video equipment to the
CDR420, please read their owner's manuals.
13. Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when
unused for long periods of time.
14. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Ser-
vicing is required when the apparatus has been dam-
aged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is
damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen
into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to
rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has