1Remote control light emitter (cable length:2.5m) ...1
4Connection cable (2m)......................1
2Connection cable(ISO AB :0.1m).............................1
5Self-tapping screw (Ø4 X16mm) ......4
3Connection cable(ISO C :2m) ..................................1
6Adhesive double coated tape ...........1
7 Installing the Control Unit
· When drilling a hole below a seat or inside the trunk, check if there is the gas
tank, brake pipe, or wire harness behind the hole in advance. If so, be careful
not to damage them in any way.
· Do not install the Control Unit on the dashboard, on the rear tray, or near any
safety component such as an air bag.
· When installing the Control Unit on your vehicle, fasten it firmly to a part
where it does not disturb your smooth driving. Otherwise, if the Control Unit
comes off when excessively shocked, it may hit the driver or passenger or a
safety component, resulting in an injury or accident.
· When you have finished installing the Control Unit, make sure that electrical
parts such as the brake lights, turn signals, and windshield wipers work
7 Installing the KPA-CP100 (Option)
1. Select the installation position slanting forward, backward, to
the left, or to the right at angle within 5 degrees, such as on the
2. Use the supplied adhesive double coated tape to fasten the
direction sensor firmly enough to remain fixed during driving,
with the up arrow facing right toward the front of the vehicle.
· The direction may not be displayed correctly at the following locations where magnetism is considerably disturbed. It is not an
error or failure.
(Under a land bridge or railway bridge, on a railroad crossing, under high-voltage power cables, near a broadcasting station,
power station, or substation, etc.)
· The direction may change as the windshield wiper swings. In this case, move the direction finder to a position where it is free
of the effect.
· When fastening the direction finder using the adhesive double coated tape, wipe dust, stains, oils, and water off the mounting
surface in advance, then stick it securely not to let it come off during driving.
· Since the direction finder uses terrestrial magnetism, it fails to display the correct direction unless it is installed at a level place
without a magnet or magnetic object around.
· Do not place the following objects near the installation position.
(Magnet, TV, radio antenna, speaker, metal, can, etc.)
Follow the precautions below before and when connecting units.
· Make sure first that the ignition switch does not have the key inserted. Then, be sure to disconnect the - terminal of the
battery to prevent a short-circuit from happening before connecting units.
· Plug each connector fully into the mating socket.
· Connect the connection cable to the Centre Unit.
· Up to three units can be connected to the centre unit. (This, however, does not include the KCA-S210A if it is connected to the
· When connecting multiple units (such as the Stack CD Changer and
KPA-SS100 , 1998 model DAB), connect the KPA-SD100 directly to the
· The two units, KPA-SD100 and KPA-HD100, cannot be connected
· The total length of the cable between the units should not be more than 13m.
· To add the KPA-CP100 to the system having both of the KPA-SD100 and KPA-SS100 installed, connect the KPA-CP100 to the
· When you have finished connecting all the units, reset the Centre Unit once.
Audio board etc
Not more than 13m