IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Caution: Read this page carefully to ensure safe operation.
· Before mounting or wiring etc., be sure to remove the wire from
the battery minus terminal.
(Not doing so can cause shorts or fires.)
· To prevent a short circuit, never put or leave any metallic objects
(such as coins or metal tools) inside the unit.
· In the event the unit generates smoke or abnormal smell, im-
mediately switch the power OFF. After this, please contact your
dealer or nearest service station as soon as possible.
· Connect the illumination lamp-equipped speakers to DC 12V,
· Do not attempt to open or modify the unit, for this could cause
fire hazard or malfunction.
· After taking the unit out of the polyethylene bag, be sure to dis-
pose of the polyethylene bag out of the reach of children. Oth-
erwise, they may play with the bag, which could cause hazard of
· Installation and wiring of the product requires expert skill and
experience. To ensure safety, be sure to have your dealer or spe-
cialist perform the installation and wiring.
· Do not install the speaker in a spot exposed to direct sunlight or
excessive heat or humidity.
· Do not install the speakers in locations which may be subject to
water or moisture.
· Do not install the speakers in unstable locations or locations
subject to dust.
· If the fuse blows, after checking to see if the wiring cord has
shorted, be sure to replace with the stipulated size (amperage)
fuse as displayed on the fuse box.
(Using fuses other than the stipulated size can cause fires.)
Check the display!
To replace the fuse, refer to the vehicle instruction manual.
· To prevent a short circuit when replacing a fuse, disconnect the
wiring harness at first.
· Do not use gasoline, naphtha, or any type of solvent to clean the
speaker. Clean by wiping with a soft, dry cloth.
· Connect the speaker wires to appropriate speaker connectors
separately. Sharing the negative wire of the speaker or ground-
ing speaker wires to the metal body of the car can cause this
unit to fail.
· When making a hole under a seat, inside the trunk, or some-
where else in the vehicle, check that there is nothing hazardous
on the opposite side such as a gasoline tank, brake pipe; or wir-
ing harness, and be careful not to cause scratches or other dam-
· For ground wire mounting, do not fasten the wire to an airbag,
steering or brake line system or other critical safety unit bolts or
(Can cause accidents.)
· When mounting, be sure to mount in a place that will not inter-
fere with driving or be dangerous to passengers during sudden
(Cause of injury or accidents.)
· After installing the unit, check to make sure that electrical equip-
ment such as the brake lamps, turn signal lamps and windshield
wipers operate normally.
· The driver should always stop the vehicle in a safe place before
performing the following action.
Remote control operation
· Do not use the product for purposes other than on-board
Information on Disposal of Old Electrical
and Electronic Equipment (applicable for EU
countries that have adopted separate waste
Products with the symbol (crossed-out wheeled
bin) cannot be disposed as household waste.
Old electrical and electronic equipment should be
recycled at a facility capable of handling these items
and their waste by products.
Contact your local authority for details in locating a
recycle facility nearest to you.
Proper recycling and waste disposal will help conserve resourc-
es whilst preventing detrimental effects on our health and the
Declaration of Conformity with
regard to the EMC Directive
2967-3 Ishikawa-machi, Hachioji-shi, Tokyo,
Kenwood Electronics Europe BV
Amsterdamseweg 37, 1422 AC UITHOORN,
This equipment may generate or use radio frequency energy.
Changes or modifications to this equipment may cause harmful
interference unless the modifications are expressly approved in the
instruction manual. The user could lose the authority to operate
this equipment if an unauthorized change or modification is made.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the lim-
its for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against
harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment
may cause harmful interference to radio communications, if it is not
installed and used in accordance with the instructions. However,
there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular
installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to
radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning
the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct
the interference by one or more of the following measures:
· Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
· Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
· Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from
that to which the receiver is connected.
· Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for
NOTICE: This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian
08.3.13 5:13:43 PM