-- 4 --
To prevent injury or fire, take the
· Insert the unit all the way in until it is fully
locked in place. Otherwise it may fall out of
place when jolted.
· When extending the ignition, battery, or
ground wires, make sure to use
automotive-grade wires or other wires with
a 0.75mm2 (AWG18) or more to prevent
wire deterioration and damage to the wire
· To prevent a short circuit, never put or
leave any metallic objects (such as coins or
metal tools) inside the unit.
· If the unit starts to emit smoke or strange
smells, turn off the power immediately and
consult your Kenwood dealer.
· Make sure not to get your fingers caught
between the faceplate and the unit.
· Be careful not to drop the unit or subject it
to strong shock.
The unit may break or crack because it
contains glass parts.
· Do not touch the liquid crystal fluid if the
LCD is damaged or broken due to shock.
The liquid crystal fluid may be dangerous to
your health or even fatal.
If the liquid crystal fluid from the LCD
contacts your body or clothing, wash it off
with soap immediately.
To prevent damage to the machine,
take the following precautions:
· Make sure to ground the unit to a negative
12V DC power supply.
· Do not open the top or bottom covers of
· Do not install the unit in a spot exposed to
direct sunlight or excessive heat or
humidity. Also avoid places with too much
dust or the possibility of water splashing.
· Do not subject the faceplate to excessive
shock, as it is a piece of precision
· When replacing a fuse, only use a new one
with the prescribed rating. Using a fuse
with the wrong rating may cause your unit
· To prevent a short circuit when replacing a
fuse, first disconnect the wiring harness.
· Do not place any object between the
faceplate and the unit.
· Do not use your own screws. Use only the
screws provided. If you use the wrong
screws, you could damage the unit.
· Do not apply excessive force to the moving
faceplate. Doing so will cause damage or
· Do not apply excessive force to the open
faceplate or place objects on it. Doing so
will cause damage or breakdown.
About the disc changer to be
To connect a disc changer having the "O-N"
switch to this unit, set the "O-N" switch to
When you connect a model with no "O-N"
switch, the converter cord CA-DS100
available as an option may be required. For
details, consult your Kenwood dealer.
If a model with no "O-N" switch is
connected, some unavailable functions and
information that cannot be displayed are
generated, such as the DNPS, DNPP,
Magazine random play, and CD Text display.
Note that none of the KDC-C100, KDC-C302,
C205, C705, and non-Kenwood CD changers
can be connected.
You can damage both your unit and
the CD changer if you connect them
Do Not Load 3-in. CDs in the CD slot
If you try to load a 3 in. CD with its adapter
into the unit, the adapter might separate
from the CD and damage the unit.
00.12.26 1:01 PM