Take the following precautions to prevent fire
and avoid personal injury :
· Check that no metal objects (coins, tools,
etc.) are left inside the unit to avoid short
· If you smell or see smoke, turn the power off
immediately and consult your Kenwood
Take the following precautions to keep the
unit in proper working order.
· Do not open the top or bottom cover.
· Do not install the unit in places it is exposed
to direct sunlight, high heat or humidity,
water may splash over it, or dust exists.
· Do not install the unit at a dusty place. If the
unit is installed at a dusty place, dust
accumulates inside the unit and unit may be
· When drilling a hole in the car to fix the
brackets, make sure not to damage the fuel
tank, brake tube, wiring harnesses, etc. on
the other side.
· If the unit is installed near speakers, the
speakers vibration may causes a sound skip.
Install the unit as far away as possible from
· If you have difficulty in installing this unit in
your vehicle, contact your Kenwood dealer.
· If it doesn't seem to be working properly, first
press the Reset button. If the malfunction
persists, consult your Kenwood dealer.
· This unit is NOT designed to be connected
directly to control units that are manufactured
and sold before 1994. If used with such units,
an optional CA-SD200 (sold separately) must
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE
INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN DAMAGE
TO THIS UNIT AND CONTROL UNIT.
· The disc name preset function can register
names of up to 100 discs using up to 12
characters for each disc name.
The availability of this function as well as the
number of discs which can be registered
using this function and the number of usable
characters may be variable depending on the
control unit in use.
· The disc name preset feature can store the
names of up to 50 discs in memory. This
feature may sometimes unable to be
controlled from the control unit.
Do Not Use Special Shape CDs
· Be sure to use round shape CDs only for this
unit and do not use any special shape CDs.
Use of special shape CDs may cause the unit
· Be sure to use CDs with disc mark
only for this unit.
Do Not Use CDs with Sticker on the
· Do not use the CD with the label sticker stuck
Using such a CD may cause the CD to be
deformed and the sticker to peel off, resulting
in malfunction of the unit.
Cleaning the unit
· If the front panel is dirty, wipe it clean with a
silicon cloth or soft dry cloth with the power
Do not use hard cloths or paint thinner,
alcohol, or other volatile solvents. These may
damage external surfaces or remove indicator
· In cold climates, there may be a period after
you turn on your vehicle's heater when the
lens that guides the laser beam used in your
CD player fogs up. If this happens, you
cannot play compact discs. Take out discs
and the fogging will disappear. If it does not
return to normal after several hours, contact
your Kenwood dealer.
· In warm climates, when vehicles are left
standing in direct sunlight with the windows
closed, the temperature inside can rise above
60°C. The unit's protection circuits will then
display the message "HOLD" and prevent the
player from operating. Just open the
windows or turn on the air conditioning. As
soon as the "HOLD" message disappears, the
player will operate normally.