To prevent damage to the machine, take
the following precautions:
· Make sure to ground the unit to a negative 12V
DC power supply.
· Do not open the top or bottom covers of the unit.
· Do not install the unit in a spot exposed to direct
sunlight or excessive heat or humidity. Also avoid
places with too much dust or the possibility of
· Do not set the removed faceplate or the faceplate
case in areas exposed to direct sunlight, excessive
heat or humidity. Also avoid places with too much
dust or the possibility of water splashing.
· To prevent deterioration, do not touch the
terminals of the unit or faceplate with your
· Do not subject the faceplate to excessive shock,
as it is a piece of precision equipment.
· When replacing a fuse, only use a new one with
the prescribed rating. Using a fuse with the wrong
rating may cause your unit to malfunction.
· To prevent a short circuit when replacing a fuse,
first disconnect the wiring harness.
· Do not place any object between the faceplate
and the unit.
· Do not apply excessive force to the open
faceplate or place objects on it. Doing so will
cause damage or breakdown.
· Do not use your own screws. Use only the screws
provided. If you use the wrong screws, you could
damage the unit.
To prevent injury or fire, take the
· Insert the unit all the way in until it is fully locked
in place. Otherwise it may fall out of place when
· When extending the ignition, battery, or ground
wires, make sure to use automotive-grade wires
or other wires with a 0.75mm² (AWG18) or more
to prevent wire deterioration and damage to the
· To prevent a short circuit, never put or leave any
metallic objects (such as coins or metal tools)
inside the unit.
· If the unit starts to emit smoke or strange smells,
turn off the power immediately and consult your
· Make sure not to get your fingers caught between
the faceplate and the unit.
· Be careful not to drop the unit or subject it to
The unit may break or crack because it contains
· Do not touch the liquid crystal fluid if the LCD
is damaged or broken due to shock. The liquid
crystal fluid may be dangerous to your health or
If the liquid crystal fluid from the LCD contacts
your body or clothing, wash it off with soap