To prevent injury or fire, take the following
· To prevent a short circuit, never put or leave any
metallic objects (such as coins or metal tools) inside
· Mounting and wiring this product requires skills and
experience. For safety's sake, leave the mounting
and wiring work to professionals.
To prevent damage to the machine, take
the following precautions:
· Make sure to ground the unit to a negative 12V DC
· Do not install the unit in a spot exposed to direct
sunlight or excessive heat or humidity. Also avoid
places with too much dust or the possibility of
· Do not place the faceplate (and the faceplate case)
in areas exposed to direct sunlight, excessive heat or
humidity. Also avoid places with too much dust or
the possibility of water splashing.
· To prevent deterioration, do not touch the terminals
of the unit or faceplate with your fingers.
· Do not subject the faceplate to excessive shock, as it
is a piece of precision equipment.
· When replacing a fuse, only use a new fuse with
the prescribed rating. Using a fuse with the wrong
rating may cause your unit to malfunction.
· Do not use your own screws. Use only the screws
provided. If you use the wrong screws, you could
damage the unit.
Do Not Load 3-in. CDs in the CD slot
If you try to load a 3 in. CD with its adapter into the
unit, the adapter might separate from the CD and
damage the unit.
When you turn on the car heater in cold weather,
dew or condensation may form on the lens in the
CD player of the unit. Called lens fogging, this
condensation on the lens may not allow CDs to play.
In such a situation, remove the disc and wait for the
condensation to evaporate. If the unit still does not
operate normally after a while, consult your Kenwood
· If you experience problems during installation,
consult your Kenwood dealer.
· When you purchase optional accessories, check with
your Kenwood dealer to make sure that they work
with your model and in your area.
· Characters in the LCD may become difficult to read
in temperatures below 5 °C (41 °F).
· The illustrations of the display and the panel
appearing in this manual are examples used to
explain more clearly how the controls are used.
Therefore, what appears on the display in the
illustrations may differ from what appears on the
display on the actual equipment, and some of the
illustrations on the display may be inapplicable.
How to reset your unit
· If the unit fails to operate properly, press the Reset
button. The unit returns to factory settings when the
Reset button is pressed.
Cleaning the Unit
If the faceplate of this unit is stained, wipe it with a
dry soft cloth such as a silicon cloth.
If the faceplate is stained badly, wipe the stain off with
a cloth moistened with neutral cleaner, then wipe it
again with a clean soft dry cloth.
· Applying spray cleaner directly to the unit may affect its
mechanical parts. Wiping the faceplate with a hard cloth or
using a volatile liquid such as thinner or alcohol may scratch
the surface or erases characters.