To prevent injury and/or fire, take the following
· Ensure that the unit is securely installed. Otherwise it
may fly out of place during collisions and other jolts.
· When extending the ignition, battery or ground wires,
make sure to use automotive-grade wires or other wires
with an area of 0.75mm2 (AWG18) or more to prevent
cable deterioration and damage to the cable coating.
· To prevent short circuits, never put or leave any metallic
objects (e.g., coins or metal tools) inside the unit.
· If the unit starts to emit smoke or strange smells, turn
off the power immediately and consult your Kenwood
· Do not touch the liquid crystal fluid if the LCD is
damaged or broken due to shock. The liquid crystal fluid
may be dangerous to your health or even fatal.
If the liquid crystal fluid from the LCD contacts your body
or clothing, wash it off with soap immediately.
To prevent damage to the machine, take the
· Make sure to ground the unit to a negative 12V DC
· Do not open the top or bottom covers of the unit.
· Do not install the unit in a spot exposed to direct sunlight
or excessive heat or humidity. Also avoid places with too
much dust or the possibility of water splashing.
· Do not subject the faceplate to excessive shock, as it is
a piece of precision equipment.
· When replacing a fuse, only use a new one with the
prescribed rating. Using a fuse with the wrong rating
may cause your unit to malfunction.
· To prevent short circuits when replacing a fuse, first
disconnect the wiring harness.
· Do not use any screws except for the ones provided.
The use of improper screws might result in damage to
the main unit.
· You cannot view video pictures whilst the vehicle is
moving. To enjoy TV/video pictures, find a safe place to
park and engage the parking brake.
· If you experience problems during installation, consult
your Kenwood dealer.
· If the unit does not seem to be working right, try
pressing the reset button first. If that does not solve the
problem, consult your Kenwood dealer.
Screen brightness during low temperatures
When the temperature of the unit falls such as during
winter, the liquid crystal panel's screen will become darker
than usual. Normal brightness will return after using the
monitor for a whilst.
Audio units you can control from the
DDX7035/7045/7065 Receiver (in November of
KDC-CPS89, KDC-CPS87, KDC-CPS85, KDC-C719,
KDC-C717, KDC-C715, KDC-C669, KDC-C667, KDC-C665,
KDC-D301, KDV-C810, KDC-CPS89P, KCA-HF521,
KTC-V500N/P/E (Set the "O-N" switch to "N" position if
Navigation units you can control from the
DDX7035/7045/7065 Receiver (in November of
Loading and Replacing the battery
Use one lithium battery
Insert the batteries with
the + and - poles aligned
properly, following the
illustration inside the case.
Store unused batteries out of the reach of children. Contact
a doctor immediately if the battery is accidentally swallowed.
Do not set the remote on hot places such as above the
· The provided batteries are intended for use in operation
checking, and their service life may be short.
· When the remote controllable distance becomes short,
replace both of the batteries with new ones.
Cleaning the panel and monitor
When the operator panel and monitor panels are dirty, wipe
and clean them using a soft cloth (such as a commercially
available silicon coated cloth). When contaminated
excessively, clean them using a cloth dipped in a neutral
detergent first, then remove the detergent using a dry cloth.
Do not use a hard cloth and a volatile chemical (such as an
alcohol). If used, the panel surface may be scratched or
printed letters may be erased.
Cleaning the disc slot
As dust can accumulate in the disc slot, clean it
occasionally. Your discs can get scratched if you put them
in a dusty disc slot.
Right after you turn on the car heater in cold weather, dew
or condensation may form on the lens in the disc player of
the unit. Called lens fogging, discs may be impossible to
play. In such a situation, remove the disc and wait for the
condensation to evaporate. If the unit still does not operate
normally after a whilst, consult your Kenwood dealer.
The marking of products using lasers (Except for
The label is attached to the chassis/case and says that the
component uses laser beams that have been classified as
Class 1. It means that the unit is utilizing laser beams that
are of a weaker class. There is no danger of hazardous
radiation outside the unit.
Keep on slide
DDX7035/7045/7065_M(En)v2.6 04.4.18 8:48 PM 4